Sunday, November 8, 2015



Sweet Agony



I ran to catch up with Tyge. I grabbed his arm. He snatched it away like I was covered with feces, almost knocking me to the ground.
“Tyge, what did I do wrong? You’re mad at me for living my life, but you know what I’ve been through.” I searched for any ounce of sympathy in his eyes. All I could see was his own grave disappointment.
He doesn’t give a damn about what I’ve been through.
“Bullshit Mia! I've been hurt too. I know how it feels. I invested my heart and energy into this. I showed you my truth! What did you think happened at the beach? What does your bracelet say?”
I looked around my wrist at my sterling bangle Tyge bought for me and had specially engraved. “Beautiful: Truth Love and Happiness.”
I spoke those words out loud to him. As I was saying them tears spilled out of my eyes, because I realized how very deeply I had hurt him. He valued those words. He was captivated by the fight I had in me to find truth, love, and happiness. Not the weakness to let circumstances direct my behavior and make me act without any shame.
“Those are the qualities that made you beautiful. Those are the qualities I valued most in you. Without those things you’re no one to me. I don’t respect liars and I don’t sleep with ho’s. I’m done here.”
I had concealed the truth. I had shackled my love, and refused happiness. I lied to a man who said what he meant, and meant what he said. Tyge possessed a certainty that all of my explanations from now until eternity could not defeat.
His words cut through me like razor blades. I was losing emotional blood by the gallon. I was no longer beautiful to him. I was not his truth, love and happiness. To him I was an orchid that all of a sudden turned into a stinkweed...

Contact US

Name

Email *

Message *